Dr Vyas M.N Prasad
Consultant, Otolaryngology (ENT), Head and Neck Surgeon
Ear, Nose, Throat (ENT Specialist) for Children and Adults
MB ChB(Dublin), MRCS(Edin), MSc (Surgical Science)(UK), FRCS(ORL-HNS)(Edin), DLO(Eng)
Specialities/ Sub-Specialties: Otorhinolaryngology / ENT
Speciality Interest: Voice & Swallowing Disorders, Head & Neck Surgery
Dr Vyas Prasad is a Consultant Otolaryngologist-Head and Neck Surgeon in MWH Singapore Medical Specialists Centre where he specialises in voice and swallowing disorders as well as head and neck surgery – having gained invaluable experience at The Royal Marsden, Royal Free, Royal National Ear, Nose and Throat Hospital as well as having completed a further year at the Centre Hospitalier Universitaire (universite Catholique Louvain, Mont-Godinne, Belgium) with Professors Marc Remacle and George Lawson where he underwent training in head and neck surgery and laryngology with focus and oncology in both childen and adults.
Dr Vyas has also spent considerable time in specialist focusing on paediatric ENT including head and neck and airway surgery. He trained extensively in both adutle and paediatric centres of excellence in London.
- Fellowship of the International College of Surgeons – The International College of Surgeons, Chicago, IL, U.S.A
- Certificate of Completion of Training – U.K. – Specialist Advisory Committee Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery
- Fellowship of the Royal College of Surgeons (ORL-HNS) – Intercollegiate The Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh
- Master of Science (Surgical Science) – Diploma of the Imperial College London (DIC) – Imperial College London
- Membership of the Royal College of Surgeons (MRCS) – The Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh
- Diploma of Laryngology and Otology (DLO) – The Royal College of Surgeons of England
- M.B, B.Ch, B.A.O., B.A. – Trinity College, Dublin, Ireland
Dissertation Commendation (Awarded for submitted thesis) – Masters of Surgical Science, Imperial College London, 2006.
- Silver Service Ambassador Award for excellent patient care, feedback and service provision. Ng Teng Fong General Hospital, Jurong Health, 2017.
- Healthcare and Manpower Development Program (HMDP) award by Ng Teng Fong General Hospital, Singapore for Fellowship to Belgium in Laryngology under Professor Marc Remacle, 2014-5.
- First Prize – Fundamentals of ENT Course – The Royal College of Surgeons of England, 2011.
- First Prize – Research Study on oesophageal motility and pH studies done on live subjects.
- Book Prize for Scholastic Merit, Anglo-Chinese School Singapore, 1988.
- Ministry of Education Singapore, Scholarship winner, 1989-90.
- Ministry of Education Singapore, Scholastic merit, sporting and leadership achievement in school and junior college.
- International Youth Science Fortnight Scholarship (International Science School Sydney) – University of Sydney awarded by Ministry of Education, Singapore 1989.
- Science Research Programme (Gifted Education Programme, Ministry of Education, Singapore). Project on: ‘The effect of calcitonin on the metabolism of rat hepatocytes’. 1989.
- Consultant Otolaryngologist – Department of Otolaryngology – Ng Teng Fong General Hospital – National University Health Service, Singapore
- Fellow – Department of Otolaryngology Centre Hospital Universitaire UCL Dinant-Godinne, Yvoir, Belgium
- Consultant Otolaryngology – Department of Otolaryngology Alexandra Hospital-Jurong Health Services, Singapore
- Locum Consultant – Department of Otolaryngology. St. Bartholomew’s and The Royal London Hospital (London Deanery), U.K.
- Specialist Registrar – Department of Otolaryngology. Great Ormand street and Royal National Throat Nose and Ear Hospitals (London Deanery), U.K.
- Specialist Registrar – Department of Otolaryngology. St. Bartholomew’s and The Royal London Hospital (London Deanery), U.K.
Membership of Societies
- The International College of Surgeons, U.S.A.
- The Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh, U.K.
- The American Academy of Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery, U.S.A.
- The European Laryngology Society
- Singapore Medical Council
- General Medical Council U.K.